Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Movies 2012

Movies of 2012
Its that time again, the time to look forward to all of the movies coming out this year. I'll start by listing all of the movies that I'm most looking forward to seeing in order of the scheduled release date and then I will list some runner ups:

March 2
Dr. Seuss - Awesome. Despicable Me - Awesome. Looking forward to this one.

March 23
The world will be watching, and the movie makers will be making the big bucks on this one. I would say that this is the most highly anticipated movie of the year.

March 30
Could be interesting. The Snow White movies come in full force this year. Which will be the big success? Which will stay forever in a coma.

May 4
The Avengers assemble...can't wait. DC should be working on a Justice League movie. As far as I'm concerned, Marvel needs to learn a thing or two from DC in the comic book world, and DC needs to learn a thing or two from Marvel in the film world.

June 1
I think this one will be the Snow White money maker of the two. Its got the big names and action on its side.


June 22
Disney Pixar. Crazy cool hair. Should be an enjoyable one. Pixar is amazing.

July 20
The poster says it all. The conclusion to the greatest comic book movie trilogy ever comes to theaters end of July. Christopher Nolan has his work cut out for him with this movie. Lot's of high expectations after the success of The Dark Knight (not to mention Inception). These movies continue to amaze with great actors, lets see if Anne Hathaway really has what it takes to be a good Catwoman. Bane will be a great villain, but it will be hard to compete with Heath Ledger as Joker. 

poster not available
Les Miserables
December 7
Big names. Big musical. I think this will be a much better success than The Phantom of the Opera movie. Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, and Anne Hathaway star in one of my favorite musicals ever.

December 14
Before The Lord of the Rings, there was The Hobbit.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Runner ups worth a mention. I will probably want to see these movies, but I'm not on the edge of my seat waiting for them to come out:

March 9
I really have no clue what this movie is all about. It sounds crazy.

May 25
Loved MIB when it came out way back when. The movies are entertaining, what else can I say other than "I make this look good."

June 8
Funny movies. Love the penguins. I like to move it move it.

June 29
Eh. Mindless action film.

July 3
Big names, but a remake so soon? Kind of crazy. Didn't like the teaser trailer, but let's be honest...I'm going to see it anyway.

July 13
Great movies. I'm sure Scrat won't disappoint.


August 3
Another Bourne movie, sure I'll probably see it. I need to read the books.

poster not available
The Great Gatsby
December 25
Read the book in high school; it was interesting. Now all the other high school students will have yet another movie to choose from to watch instead of reading the book (the 1974 version or the 2012 version). I'm sure it will be somewhat like the book (probably different enough that you will still need to bite the bullet and read the book...it really is pretty good).

Looks like a pretty decent year all around folks. My top three being The Hunger Games, The Avengers, and The Dark Knight Rises (that's why their movie posters are bigger :). I look forward to another year full of great entertainment. I'll be sure to let you know what I think, and that is How Lou Sees It!

1 comment:

  1. Dark Knight Rises is ranking up there with Return of the King as far as my personal history of release date anticipation is concerned.

    ReplyDelete